Fujitsu is a world IT leader leading authority in hardware and IT services business. Fujitsu Global Delivery Center in Lisbon is a multilingual Center with more than 1500 employees providing 24/7 IT and other specialized services, in 23 different languages to multiple companies from different sectors, on a very rewarding and vibrant multicultural environment.
We are growing day by day and we owe our success to each one of our employees. Without them, none of this would be possible.
Overview and Responsibilities:
- Part of the NOC Operations Team.
- Responsible for technical support on Client Networks.
- Min. 3 Years of networks experience.
- Excellent analytical and fault finding skills
- Mandatory Language skills (fluent reader, writer and speaker): German and English
This role carries special responsibility for delivering Network Implementation and support services to:
- All XXX of the MNS estate covering Load Balancing, Routing and Switching
- LAN, WAN and WLAN
- The role includes both Operational support and project work.
- Medium and High Complexity Changes (IMAC’s)
- Pro-active capacity management, cost saving initiatives, all documentation maintained, change control validation and authorization.
- Implement infrastructure solutions to the set standards whilst following standardized processes.
Responsibilities include providing a responsive service across contract, delivering the following functions:
- Provide technical assistance to 2nd Line IT Engineers and to 3rd Line (on-site) support teams as well as communicating to a wider Service Delivery Organization
- Escalation and interfacing to external referral groups and 3rd parties: Cisco TAC; Juniper JTAC; Brocade TAC
- Systems Monitoring: Alarms, Capacity, performance
- Problem trend analysis and resolution.
- Continual service improvement.
- Ownership of complex technical problems through to resolution.
- Specify, cost and implement Network based solutions to client requirements.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role and delivery of service.
- Implement and Handover projects via Acceptance into Service Process.
- Have specific Technical Responsibility for technologies as defined in 1.3.3.
- Accept Incident Escalation for technologies as defined in 1.3.3.
- Assist designers with specific technologies or with local knowledge.
- Provide cover for Principal Engineers when needed.
- Knowledge share with members of the team.
- Mentoring and guidance to 1st and 2nd line IT Engineers within the team.
- Minimum of 3 years commercial networking experience.
- Cisco certification: CCNP OR CCIE
- In depth working knowledge and experience of networking technologies, i.e. LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, routing, switching and subnet addressing.
- Good working knowledge of networking hardware, especially from the Cisco Catalyst family, i.e. Cisco 29xx, 35xx, 37xx, 38xx Cisco 26xx routers, 6500 switches, Cisco Nexus family
- Knowledge of Brocade products (access, distribution and core)
- Mandatory WLAN experience: WLAN Controller; Access Points ;
- Experience of small, medium and complexity changes to network infrastructure - IMAC
- Working knowledge of Legacy technologies, such as, but not limited to: Avaya switching; Hirschman switching and routing; Siemens switching and routing; Nortel Passport Technology;
- Working experience or knowledge around Load Balancers, such as: Citrix; Big IP F5;
- Depth of knowledge and experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools, e.g. CA Spectrum and E-Health
- Able to interpret trends in network performance and identify potential issues
- Previous experience of network design.
- ITIL Foundation or knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Understanding of network security.
- Firewall Principles
- Some hands-on experience
- Continuous Improvement
- Bluecoat Technoligies
- DDI – Infoblox
Applications should be sent to
(Please attach your CV in English detailing language skills and availability)