Fujitsu is a world IT leader leading authority in hardware and IT services business. Fujitsu Global Delivery Center in Lisbon is a multilingual Center with more than 1500 employees providing 24/7 IT and other specialized services, in 23 different languages to multiple companies from different sectors, on a very rewarding and vibrant multicultural environment.
We are growing day by day and we owe our success to each one of our employees. Without them, none of this would be possible.
Team/Shift Leader, part of the NOC Operations Team. Responsible for technical support on Client Networks.
- Min. 3 Years networks experience.
- Excellent analytical and fault finding skills
This role carries special responsibility for delivering Network Implementation and support services to: -
- All Fujitsu’s client estate covering Load Balancing, Routing and Switching
- LAN, WAN and WLAN
- The role includes both Operational support and project work.
- Medium and High Complexity Changes (IMAC’s)
- Pro-active capacity management, cost saving initiatives, all documentation maintained, change control validation and
- Implement infrastructure solutions to the set standards whilst following standardised processes.
Responsibilities include providing a responsive service across all customer contracts, delivering the following functions:
- Provide technical assistance to other NOC Engineers and 3rd line (on-site) support team as well as communicating to
wider Service Delivery Organisation
- Escalation and interfacing to external referral groups and 3rd parties (Cisco TAC, Juniper JTAC, Broacde TAC)
- Systems Monitoring (alarms, capacity, performance).
- Problem trend analysis and resolution.
- Continual service improvement.
- Ownership of complex technical problems through to resolution.
- Specify, cost and implement Network based solutions to client requirements.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role and delivery of service.
- Implement and Handover projects via Acceptance into Service Process.
- Have specific Technical Responsibility for all technologies as per skillsets
- Accept Incident Escalation for all technologies as per skillsets.
- Assist designers with specific technologies or with local knowledge.
- Provide cover for Principal Engineers when needed.
- Knowledge share with members of the team.
- Mentoring and guidance with Junior team members.
• Technical Capability. Works within a team as an established network specialist (e.g. detailed knowledge of the
configuration of interlinked systems, implementing technical changes, building software regimes and contributing
technically to service development) to support end users.
• Process. Follows established processes, releasing to the change control process verified, validated and documented
enhancements to eliminate problems and proactively develop the service.
• Service Level. Recognizes opportunities to improve performance against Service Level. Acts as a point of escalation to
resolve service delivery issues. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
• Project Work. Works within the team or under guidance from the project manager with implementation of technical
designs to meet service delivery requirements within own area of responsibility.
• Customer Relationship. Establishes working relationships with customer’s organization to deliver and enhance the
• Problem Solving. Takes ownership in obtaining the information, evidence and data required to diagnose and resolve
more complex problems (both new and known), Escalates or gains support where appropriate. Proactively analyzes,
trends and reports on information (e.g. on performance service levels) in a timely manner to resolve problems, maintain
and enhance service.
• Team Working. Trains and coaches members of the team to provide knowledge, assistance and advice. Works in a
problem solving team to resolve service issues. May stand in for the team leader.
• Business Awareness. Understands the requirements of the customer’s business, the scope of the contract and knows
how issues impact the delivery of service. Recognizes and reports opportunities to team manager and other relevant
parties for additional business.
• Professional Development. Maintains awareness of technical and service developments, taking the initiative to extend
own knowledge to learn about products, technologies and techniques to deliver enhanced servic
German Language Skills essential as close co-operation with the client is mandated.
- Minimum of 3 years commercial networking experience.
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE.
- In depth working knowledge and experience of networking technologies, i.e. LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, routing, switching and
- Proven track record and experienced in the following technologies and products
- Excellent working knowledge of networking hardware, especially from the Cisco Catalyst family, i.e. Cisco 29xx, 35xx,
37xx, 38xx Cisco 26xx routers, 6500 switches, Cisco Nexus family
- Excellent knowledge of Brocade products (access, distribution and core)
- WLAN experience is essential
- WLAN Controller
- Access Points
- Experience of small, medium and complexity changes to network infrastructure – IMAC
- Working knowledge of Legacy technologies
- Avaya switching
- Hirschman switching and routing
- Siemens switching and routing
- Nortel Passport Technology
- Load Balancers
- Big IP F5
- DDI - Infoblox
- Depth of knowledge and experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools, e.g. CA Spectrum and E-Health
- Able to interpret trends in network performance and identify potential issues
- Previous experience of network design.
- ITIL Foundation or knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Understanding of network security.
- Firewall Principles
- Some hands on experience
- Continuous Improvement
- Bluecoat Technologies’
Applications should be sent to
(Please attach your CV in English detailing language skills and availability)