MARQUES ' ALMEIDA
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable Garment Technologist to join the Marques’Almeida team in Portugal, supporting the London based Technical Team. We are looking to appoint someone with at least 3 years experience in a similar role to ensure the high quality standards and M’A handwriting are met for each style in production.
The role involves commenting on construction & fitting issues/updates and measuring samples at SMS, PPS and production stage and feeding this back to manufacturers, being proactive to solve issues where possible. The prospective employee must be confident to approve PPS and shipping samples and ask for improvements where necessary.
The ideal candidate must be willing to spend approximately 2x weeks per season working at the London studio with the rest of the team as the SMS samples arrive, familiarising themselves with the collection and attending the production fitting. They must be able to handle a busy workload and easily jump between product groups when necessary. Experience of working directly with manufacturers and good communication skills are vital.
We’re looking for someone that could start straight away preferentially.
The main responsibilities envisaged for this new post include:
• Working in the London studio for approx. 2 weeks per season when SMS samples arrive to assist the Garment Technologist with measuring of samples and documenting construction issues against tech packs
• Utilising the time spent in London to familiarise with upcoming production styles and any changes
• Attending production fit meeting whilst in London to give technical input and noting any changes as discussed by the whole team and updating tech packs accordingly
• Handing over SMS comments to factories clearly and concisely ensuring everything is fully understood
• Completion of PPS fit and construction comments in detail with images to ensure product is of the correct look, style and quality
• Measuring of PPS ensuring production will be to spec and liaising with Technical Team regarding any concerns
• Feeding back any pattern concerns or updates from manufacturers to the Technical Team
• Requesting production changes or approving PPS
• Speaking with and visiting factories where necessary to upkeep high standards and solve any production issues promptly
• Approving brand label and care label positions ready for bulk production
• Managing relationships with manufacturers effectively
• Assisting Production Team to approve shipping samples when necessary
• Production QC
• Help coordinate and keep track of SMS movement between PT office and London studio
• Keep track of fabrics stocks
• Help production team split accessories and raw materials per factory whenever needed
Personal skills and attributes
• Proficient user of Excel
• Confident in working with manufacturers and demanding about product quality
• Excellent garment construction knowledge
• Good understanding of grading
• Experience working across multi product womenswear categories (woven & jersey)
• Must hold a degree qualification in a relevant subject
• Must have least 3 years experience in a similar role
• Experience with relevant CAD/CAM systems
• A strong interest to learn and grow in the product management segment of the industry
• Highly organized, methodical and analytical with a good eye for detail
• Great time management qualities working to tight deadlines
• Clear and concise communication both written and verbal in Portuguese and English
• Pro-active and able to problem solve and use initiative
• Willing to travel internationally and spend time working from the London studio each season as required
• Drivers license
Place of work: Marques ‘ Almeida Portugal studio and London studio, Hackney, London.
Estudo Mínimo Necessário: Secundário Completo