At Volkswagen Digital Solutions (Full-time), in Lisbon, Portugal
Expires at: 2020-01-23
The Volkswagen Group is forging ahead with digital transformation and Volkswagen Digital Solutions is part of this represented for its 3 tech units: AMS, MAN Digital Hub and SDC:LX.
MAN Digital Hub | Lisbon MAN Truck & Bus, a business unit of Volkswagen Digital Solutions, is one of Europe's leading commercial vehicles manufacturers, serving customers in over 120 countries. We've come a long way since we started more than 250 years ago and now we are upgrading our business to digital!
The MAN Digital Hub in Lisbon together with MAN Truck & Bus SE develops and shapes the future of commercial vehicles by driving digitalization. Our journey is to create value to the customer, to create, to extend & to disrupt our business models and to deliver quality.
Therefore we rely on talented and passionate Fullstack Software Engineers - people like you! Join us on our journey and together with our international teams build our mobility vision for tomorrow.
Your project within MAN Digital Hub.
MAN Now is a new offering which delivers on demand over-the-air functionality and preferences for users to extend and tailor the features of vehicles. It makes use of RIO (see https://www.youtube.com/watch-v=aB_oH9MYoBM ), a cloud-based platform, that enables real-time connection between trucks, different applications and end-users.
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to work in a cross-functional product team, that is responsible for all areas of the application, i.e. frontend, backend, infrastructure and embedded integration/interfaces. "You build it, you run it, you own it”. What you will do…
- Provide DevOps tools (Gitlab CI, SonarQube, JFrog Aritfactory) and cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Working in the context of automotive IoT, you will use DevOps principles to create, test and deploy backend solutions, web-based tools and customer-facing interfaces.
- You will develop over-the-air functionality for our trucks using Agile methodologies, and be responsible for integral parts of our technical roadmap.
- You will be able to work with UI/UX designers to implement efficient and user-friendly interfaces as well as corresponding backend microservices based on Java Spring Boot.
- You will develop prototypes, MVPs and products for near-vehicle features - "features over the air” (FotA). For example: Over the air updates of Map data or delivery of real-time traffic data.
- You will create advanced internal web-based tools like roll-out management for over the air updates of millions of vehicles.
- You will have end-to-end responsibility for the products you build, including usage of hardware test setups to validate compatibility with embedded systems.
- You advise your team and other teams on all questions around Full Stack development in an IoT environment.
- You take initiative to solve problems and overcome roadblocks. You will interface between design, technology and user.
- You are happy to learn new technologies and to solve problems in innovative and hands-on ways
You have the following qualifications…
- Minimal Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science, related knowledge area or comparable job expertise
- Relevant experience in the conception of complex IT solutions and in an international context.
- Very good English skills, both written and spoken.
- Solid experience with Clean Code and Clean Architecture principles as well as common software design patterns.
- Experience with the use and integration of cloud services and with th