At Daltix (Full-time), in Lisbon, Portugal
Expires at: 2020-01-08
Daltix is a fast-growing, successful data-driven start-up from Belgium with offices in Boom, Ghent and Lisbon. We bring real-time insights to the world of retail. How are we doing that- We have developed a set of tools to gather, process and analyze retail data at massive scale and bring it all together in a state of the art data platform we offer to our clients. So far, we have had great success in doing so. That's why today Daltix serves customers such as Makro, Lidl, Dreamland, Jumbo, Greenyard, Unilever and many others.
Sign me up! No wait... What will I be doing-
We are looking for a kickass Data Analyst who is excited to become a true Data Master based in Lisbon. This role will give you the opportunity to have a direct, positive impact on our business as well as our customers.
What your typical day will look like:
- You will be working on projects that deliver immediate value to our customers. These will involve extracting, transforming & analyzing data to produce actionable insights and reports for our customers who are major retailers and suppliers across Europe.
- (Data) Quality will be an important focus when doing these projects.
- In addition to working with Daltix's data lake you will also be cleaning, analyzing and extracting datasets from external sources as well as visualizing data using Tableau/Excel.
- Technologies you'll find yourself using daily include:
- Python, pandas & jupyter notebooks.
- Snowflake Data Warehouse, S3.
- BI tools such as Metabase & Tableau.
- Schedulers such as Apache Airflow.
Why you're the one we are dying to meet:
- You have at least 1 year (ideally 2-3 years) of professional experience with data analysis using SQL and Python (with pandas)
- R experience is also relevant but you should be able to use Python (with pandas) in the end.
- You are highly proficient in both spoken and written English.
- Your business mind is just as strong as your technical mind. You will be working at the boundary between the technical team and the customer and will need to be able to effortlessly bridge between the two.
Nice to have
- Previous experience with big data technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark, Airflow).
- Great coding skills in Python (with pandas, numpy, …) and deep knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau are a big plus.
- You have a great eye for detail and are able to produce accurate, timely reports that meet (or exceed) the needs of our customers.
- You are curious to learn and you learn fast.
- You can work in a team.
- You are proactive in your problem-solving.
- You thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment and can adapt to changes in priorities based on dynamic customer needs.
If you still need more convincing…
- We are a young, entrepreneurial and fast-growing company; you will have the unique opportunity to shape our future and have a positive impact on our clients' business
- You will be offered a competitive wage in a talented, international team of top-notch experts
- Flexible work arrangements with a lot of autonomy in what you do and where you do it - we trust you to know your schedule and work when you feel most productive
- You will be able to participate in relevant training to stay at the top of your field.
- Health Insurance coverage
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee on the house
- Occasional drinks and team events
- A modern office in the heart of Lisbon, the sunshine capital of Europe