BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees - including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance
Investment Banking Lisbon (IBL) , part of Corporate & Institutional Banking EMEA, is a transversal team dedicated to supporting the origination of event driven transactions and strategic solutions
It combines a young population of Business Analysts, Researchers, Publishers nurturing a strong investment banking culture, collaborative & customer focused
Team members are staffed on origination assignments supporting front office officers across EMEA and dedicated to one specialization:
o sectorial (M&A Advisory)
o product (Debt Markets or Equity Capital Markets)
o geographical client (Corporate Coverage)
Benefiting from enhanced training to develop a wide range of skills in a stimulating and demanding business environment at the heart of the client relationship, the team aims at developing multi-skilled bankers of tomorrow
Career opportunities through rotations and motilities locally & potentially internationally ensure exposure to many sectors and products, the acquisition of a broad network and strong knowledge of the Global Banking environment
IBL is currently expanding its Business Analyst set up and search for outstanding individuals to join the team
The successful candidate will play an important and accountable role in many aspects of origination for large international transactions, joining a prime team and working intimately with other junior bankers based throughout EMEA
Exposure, challenge, high standards, multicultural working environment will ensure a steep learning curve to prepare for a strong race
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Generally assisting in all origination activities for Corporate Coverage EMEA.
Tasks can include (but not limited to):
· Direct contribution to commercial memos, marketing materials, client presentations (pitch books)
· Source and analyse client related data to support the management and development of the clients global relationship, commercial actions and follow up
· Prepare product analysis, shareholder analysis, peer analysis, peer group benchmarking, rating analysis, market data analytics, covenant and ratio analysis, country analysis / geographical footprint, value chain analysis, strategic option analysis etc
· Prepare products, market and industry overview(ex. provide updates on industry, client-specific developments and market events)
· Prepare Case studies of completed transactions
· Produce & maintain database of (selected) standard presentation materials (ex: updating economics, most recent awards…)
· Assist in the preparation of client budget and forecasts (prepare supporting documents), client business reviews, pipeline analysis, client action plans and wallet sizing
· Master Degree in Finance, Economics, Management and/or Engineering areas
· Ideally successful current or past (1 to 3 years) experience in Investment Banking or Corporate Banking as a junior team member
· Strong numerical and analytical ability, aptitude to think strategically
· Rigorous, autonomous and multi-tasking
· Capability to work under tight deadlines, excellent time management and prioritisation
· Distinctive written and verbal communication skills
· At ease with Microsoft Office tools, Bloomberg and other information database
· Fluency in English is compulsory, European languages would be a bonus
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Distrito: Bragança - Concelho: Bragança Empregador: Manpower Portugal Tipo de contrato: Tempo Inteiro Data de publicação: 13-6-2020 Zona Bragança Categoria da...
Manpower Portugal - Bragança
Publicado há um mês
Distrito: Lisboa - Concelho: Lisboa Referência da oferta: Referencial Referência da oferta: Tempo Inteiro Referência da oferta: 8-7-2020 Zona Lisboa Referência...
Referencial - Lisboa
Publicado há um mês
Distrito: Lisboa - Concelho: Lisboa Referência da oferta: Incasometal Referência da oferta: Tempo Inteiro Referência da oferta: 8-7-2020 Zona Lisboa Referência...
Incasometal - Lisboa
Publicado há um mês
Distrito: Lisboa - Concelho: Lisboa Referência da oferta: FACTOR POSITIVO-Empresa Trabalho Temporário, Lda. Referência da oferta: Tempo Inteiro Referência da...
Factor Positivo-Empresa Trabalho Temporário, Lda. - Lisboa
Publicado há um mês