Your key responsabilitiesYou’ll spend your time supporting client engagements by detail reviewing staff work product, coordinating with clients and internal team members, managing deadlines, and tracking engagement economics. You’ll also be tasked with identifying and resolving tax technical issues, as well as sharing insights that will improve our processes and overall efficiency. In this role, you can expect to be prioritizing and handling a wide range of constantly evolving responsibilities.Skills and attributes for success:
• Participate in business tax compliance and tax advisory engagements
• Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
• Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
• Build strong internal relationships within the business tax compliance team and across other servicesTo qualify for the role you must have:• A bachelor's degree in Economics, Management or Law
• Between 3 and 5 working related experience, particularly in corporate tax
• Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one
• Team player with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
• Fluent both in Portuguese and English
• Strong negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
What we look for:
We’re interested in people that are ready to take the initiative, challenge commonly held beliefs and resolve issues that didn’t even exist until recently. You won’t just need technical skills. You’ll also need to consider how human decision-making affects the way businesses work and is reflected in data. So if you’re genuinely interested in creatively handling some of the most complex questions our clients present us, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package and includes support for flexible working and career development, and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.