We are offering an Assistant Designer / Studio Assistant internship opportunity for a hard working and positive individual who is passionate about the fashion industry and has a relevant understanding of the brand Ernest W. Baker. This internship is an opportunity to experience and be a part of all aspects in the collection development process and an opportunity to potentially be hired to join the team as a full time employee.
Main Roles Include:
- Assisting with day-to-day studio operations.
- Supporting Creative Directors in Autumn/Winter 20 collection development and Spring/Summer 19 production.
- Creation of detailed technical designs to send to factories.
- In-depth / original collection research and preparing of mood boards based upon gathered research.
- Working with Adobe software such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Assist during studio fittings.
- Pattern and Sample cutting.
- Assist during photo shootings.
- Availability to travel both to Milan and Paris for mens fashion week in January 2019.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in both English and Portuguese.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Knowledge of Pattern Cutting.
- Understanding of Garment Construction.
- Hand Drawing skills preferred.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- Alteration / Sewing / Sampling skills.
- Punctual, organized, self motivated and disciplined.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Full time position beginning in September, Monday to Friday 9:30 am to 6:30 pm (able to stay later when required if busy). The position is for a minimum of 6 months with a 2 week trial period.
- Please apply with your CV, Cover Letter and a Portfolio of your creative works.